CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's a long Blog, it's all about our move!

So we are settled in St. George. I do miss all of you, but I have to be 100% honest, the weather here is BEAUTIFUL. I do not miss the scorching heat. This weekend we should be getting a cold front. I can't wait! Beau and I have gone on walks and played outside. It really feels like fall. I am completely siked to have the opportunity to live in St. George, and experience a different setting. We left Monday at 5:00p.m. and the drive started pretty smoothly. Beau did so well, for such a long trip. We had to go slower then normal so the trailor didn't sway but this was him at the beginning of our trip. That is until the strap flew off of the trailor and we had to pull over. Michael was pulling the trailor with Rhonda's truck and Rhonda and I drove the car behind him in case of anything falling off. Unluckily it did. When we pulled over we took Beau out of his car seat that is until a rent-a-cop pulled over and Rhonda put him back in his seat and bumped his head on the suit case, he started to cry, I felt bad and pulled him back out to comfort him and when I put him back in his seat I hit his head on the ceiling. It was a rough 5 hours after that. Lets just say by 9:00 I gave up and he slept on me until a bag fell off of the trailor and we had to pull over to get it. The one car that was behind us didn't obvisouly pay attention and hit the bag. Rhonda ran back and picked as much up as possible, and then I put Beau back in his seat and got out and helped her try and pick up papers. Thank goodness he fell right back to sleep in his seat. By the way the bag was just my soccer bag, but it tour it apart and Rhonda almost got hit with my soccer ball that came flying at her from being hit so hard. So Beau got put back into his car seat and until he started bawling again at about 12:00 then he got to sleep the rest of the 2 hours on me again. We finally go in 3:00a.m. Utah time. Tuesday, morning when we got up and unloaded the car, truck, and trailor. Later in the after noon Michael went and met with a guy about a job and then went golfing. Beau and I took a walk and looked at all the decorated houses. It was a rough night, Beau woke up about 6 times. I was exhauseted this morning. The reason for his fussniess is his 4th tooth is about to break through, hopefully it will be tomorrow.
Today I unpacked all of our clothes,toys and other odds and ends and it took all day. I am now laying in bed about to fall asleep. However, I should post that Beau's favorite thing about our move is the fact that we finally have a bathtub, so he has been able to sit and enjoy playing and swimming in the tub, rather then our rather quick showers. I tried to post a video of his bath this afternoon but it wouldn't load so here are a few pictures.






Now that I have continued access to the internet, I will be consistent with posting blogs and pictures. I hope that everyone is doing well. I will check everyone's blogs to keep informed. I love you all and miss you. Beau and Michael say hi as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh what a nightmare... i'm glad you guys finally made it safely. well your right the weather here does suck, i was just getting used to the awesome weather in california then we had to come home to the heat! no bueno. anyways keep up the posts!

Monroe Family said...

bath time is the best!! I'm glad he finally gets to play in the bath tub.

The Jones Family said...

Cute pics of Beau. Your trip sounds like a nightmare..Im glad that you made it safely though!

Tina said...

I think you shouldn't post anymore pictures because it makes me want to cry! Especially the bath ones... those were his favorite times at my house!! Of course I am kidding (well not about missing him) about the pictures! I love them and look forward to seeing new ones SOON! (hint hint) Love ya! Give him a big kiss for me!