CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Mind Over Splatter





Mind Over Splatter (It's there in AZ, so if you want to go and need directions let me know!) I am addicted. For those of you who don't know Mind Over Splatter is a pottery store where you paint or decorate anything that you like and then they burn it. The teacher that I worked for also worked at this potter store, she convinced me to go and do my own piece of pottery. I have to admit, There are some things that I am very talented at and I have a creative mind when it comes to certain subjects, but painting and drawing are not one of them; so I was a bit on the reserved side. I also was a little overwhelmed with all of the options to choose from, but after 20 mins of looking over everything, I decided to make a bank for Beau. I wanted the bank to have some sentimental meaning later on in life. So Katie, the teacher I work with suggested a baseball, since both Mike and I are hoping that he'll play, and then the lid would have his handprint that we could turn into a glove and that is just what we did. You should definetly check it out. They have things in all price ranges and they do parties. Here are a couple of pictures, of how the bank turned out. **Remember I am not very artistic, so if I can do this anyone can. Sorry this took so long to post.

5 comments:

The Jones Family said...

So cute Brigette! They have a place like that here and I love it!! You did such a good job!! I miss you guys!!!

Britttany said...

for some reason i can't see the pictures... dangit. where did they go?

Monroe Family said...

Very cute bank!! What a cute idea. You are very creative!

Brianna said...

I'm so happy that you are able to do so many things and spend so much time with Beau. The baseball bank looks so adorable. See you next weekend!

Brianna said...

So I was thinking...I am going to the "What Woman Want" expo with my sister and some friends when I come down there next weekend and was wondering if you'd like to go with us? It would give you a chance to meet some people. Plus most of them have kids so Beau can meet some friends too! Also if you get a chance to ask Rhonda before I call her, will you ask her if the fabric from Ben Franklin is good, or is it cheap? Thanks!